Sunday, August 26, 2007

Speaking in Church and the Kids New Toy

Today I spoke in church about obedience. Usually I get so nervous and can't speak without tears. Well today I turned over a new leaf. I just read my talk and I got through it without being nervous. It was probably only a few minutes, the shorter the better. Right. Cameron gave me a blessing of comfort and i think that helped tremendously. Now the people in our new ward wont think of me as a crybaby when ever I talk in church. Watch they will call me to be a relief society teacher where I would have to talk all the time. That would be horrible.


Cameron recently got his first paycheck and we thought we would buy the kids a swingset to play on. It took Cameron two days to put it together. Too bad it won't hold me and cam if we want to swing. Hopefully Bailee, Braden and Malia will have many happy times on thier new toy.








4 comments:

Cami Jo said...

What a fun toy! I'd take it over our playground!
I thought about you yesterday when I knew you were speaking. I'm glad it went well. We had our family home evening on obedience tonight. What a coincidence. I put on a puppet show for Carson. Maybe you could have done that in your talk to lengthen it out! (Your ward would totally not put you as a R.S. teacher if you would've done something like that!) Just kidding. I actually think you would be an excellent teacher.
Do either of you have callings yet?

Give the kids a hug from us!

Linda Clark said...

I know how scary speaking in church can be, but with time, it does get easier. Those kids are having a blast on their play things along with all their new neighborhood friends. Baillee and Braden do have lots of kids to play with in their neighborhood!

Suzie-Q said...

Looks like a ton of fun, so why don't they make fun toys like that for adults, it would be a blast.
I hope that we don't get the call to speak for a while. I'm like you and as soon as I stand up the tears start to roll. I always said that I got it from my mother whose name means great waterfall, you can put the pieces together from that. I'm glad to hear that you did so well. GREAT JOB!!!

Alisa said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! I won't comment on speaking in church, because as soon as I do, I will get "the call". Glad it went well!