Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Our Happy Family of Five


We are now a family of FIVE! We welcomed Malia to our family on June 18, 2007, big sister Bailee and big brother Braden, love having her in the house. Braden would always ask "why do we have a baby?" and "do we get to keep her?" I was a little worried how our kids would take to a new baby, but they have adjusted well, thank goodness. Bailee always asks if she can hold the baby and tries to be Malia's mommy. When I was pregnant, Bailee would say to people that she would do everything for the baby except changing those dirty diapers. That was going to be my only job.

Malia Marcelene weighed in at 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was 21 inches long. She is our smallest baby so far. Bailee wins by weighing 8 lbs. 7 oz.
Maila's name is Hawaiian for Mary, I always wanted a girl named after me but a different variation. So when we vacationed in Hawaii we learned that Mary was Malia. So when we found out that we were having another little princess in the house I knew exactly what we were going to name her. Luckily Cameron liked the name as well.
Marcelene comes from her paternal great grandma.

1 comments:

Cami Jo said...

It's totally unfair how good you look after just having a baby! I always look like I've just been hit by a truck!