Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I am Legal!!!

Well I have been working under a "graduate PA license" for the last month. This license allowed me to diagnose and treat patients, however, I could not write prescriptions. So typically I would hang out in our office hallway for another provider to pop out of a room and corner them to sign my scripts. The graduate PA license was a temporary license until one passes their boards (certifying exam). I got confirmation last week that I passed (only took three weeks for them to let me know, though they say two, that led to some sleepless nights!!) so I got to apply for a real PA license last week and finally got it, so....I am legal!! Feels good too, the last 6 years finally culminating into a career.

7 comments:

Cami Jo said...

Congratulations! (From the both of us!) That is so exciting, and we're very jealous. (At least I am! Hope you're liking the job!

PS: James says...

How 'bout them chargers?

Suzie-Q said...

Wow we are so happy for you!
I can't wait until Rob is working and we are finally going to be done with school. I can only pay out so much before we will be dirt poor, oh wait we already are!
Hope you like your job even more now that you don't have to wait on other people all the time.
Oh and you football fans should be so proud of us Rob and I watched Our school game WSU againt Uof I on ESPN last week we have never watched a game before. Niether one of us like sports, but we actually enjoyed the game--we won of course!!

Alisa said...

Congrats, that is so awesome! Now, the new kids will be cornering you for scripts!

Paulene Davis said...

Congrats! I am so proud of this great accomplishment. I brag about you all the time. You and Mary are doing so great together and managing your family so well. I love reading your blog and keeping up with your family. It always amazes me how much kids love Halloween. Great material for scrapbook pages!! (Note to Mary: I use Adobe Elements 5 for scrapping. You can download a free trial version and there are free tutorials to help. There are many other programs to choose from. They are all good)

Sarah said...

Congrats!!

Linda Clark said...

I knew it wouldn't be too long before you were legal, just a matter of a formality. We are so proud of you and know that you are a great doctor. We brag about you, too, all the time!! Keep up the good work. It's nice to have our "opinion on things" once in a while, too! Love you!

Collette said...

funny you should mention because I have this growth...........
na just kidding! Congrats!!