Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Luau Party

I have failed to post about Bailee's 7th Birthday so here it is. On June 23rd we took her out to Gerties and had all you can eat pizza and we stuffed ourselves FULL! Grandma and Grandpa came and so did Aunt Collette and Kelsy. She opened her presents there and had a great time. After dinner we surprised her with a NEW BIKE! She was thrilled and had to take a few drives down the street to test it out.


Bailee had a Luau Party for her 7th Birthday (that makes me very old). I had fun finding all the decorations and making it a blast for the girls. We gave each girl who came a Hula skirt, Lei, flower Headband and a flower Ring. Each girl looked so cute, here are a few of the girls.


After everybody was dressed up we made lunch consisting of Hotdog and Pineapple Shishkabobs, Coconut Bread, Grapes, and for our drinks: Shaved Ice. Each girl made thier own Shishkabobs and we then grilled them on the BBQ.






After Lunch we played Limbo, Water Balloon Races, Slip in Slide, and to end the day each girl had a chance to sing karoke with Bailee's new Wii game, High School Musical Sing It. I think Bailee had a wonderful birthday party with her friends. We love you Bailee!

9 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

sounds like it was a great Luau! Did you make the coconut bread? or buy it somewhere, I would love to have a recipe for it.

Stacy said...

Hot dog shishkabobs...what a cute idea. Happy Birthday Bailee!

Collette said...

What a fun idea!! Luaus are always a hit in my book!

Cami Jo said...

Wow. Super mom! WHat a lucky girl to have such a fun party! It looked like a blast. Such good ideas!

Kristen said...

Very Fun and a cute idea!

Mary, if you click on the "she shops smart" button,..on my blog, you can see my sister in law's blog. She has some really great tips...she is going to come and show me how to do it!

Linda Clark said...

Going to Gertie's is always a blast with you guys...especially to celebrate birthdays. We had a great time and so glad to be a part of her fun 7th birthday.

Alisa said...

What fun! Cute idea for kabobs with hotdogs, will have to try it sometime!

Erica Bazil said...

I always love your b-day party ideas. It's hard to believe Bailey is that big. She looks even more grown up to me with that cute haircut.

Cami Jo said...

Hey- you scared me for a minute. We are going to be out of town on Sept 13th, but we WILL Be home over LABOR DAY! HOORAY!!!!! Do you guys have somewhere to stay? Our apartment is always open again, if you would like it. The baby is still in our room, so your kids could camp out in our computer room, and you guys could sleep on an air mattress in the living room again. I didn't know Cam was doing a marathon! I'm so impressed. Is he doing the full 26 miles? I'd love to come watch and cheer him on. Give me a cal and let us know your plans.