Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Summer Vacation

Me and the kids had a mini summer vacation without Daddy (he had to work). We went down to Ogden and had fun with my parents, Megan and Bella (my sister and her child). We spent most of our days at our favorite place to go swimming, Cherry Hill. I would strongly suggest everyone should visit this place it is a blast. Bailee and Braden were like fish and showed us their impressive swimming skills, and Malia would just lounge in her little floaty.

I went to the gym with my mom and had fun working out with her and her personal trainer. I thought I was pretty strong since I had to carry Miss Heffalump all the time, but I was wrong. My mom has been going for about three months and her trainer has made her strong and she was showing me up, that was a real blow to my self esteem. We did arms one day, and then shoulders, and the last day was legs. I was beyond being sore, but it was worth it.
Then we headed up to Island Park with my aunts, cousins and their families and we stayed for three days in my cousin's cabin. One of the days we headed up to Yellowstone. I have never been there so I was way excited to go see some bears and buffalo and of course Old Faithful. However, the only thing we saw was Old Faithful, the bears were hiding, but we saw some elk by the side of the road. The kids had a blast and loved being with thier cousins Tessla and Kaden. We will have to go again so we can see some bears. Here are some pictures of our fun trip.

6 comments:

Cameron Clark said...

Thanks for leaving me home alone!!

Cami Jo said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. What a fun place to go. We loved Yellowstone,even though we didn't see any bears either!

How'd ya like Island Park? I'm taking the YW up there in two weeks for a little retreat. I'm excited. I think it's beautiful there.

ps: how's your toe?

Linda Clark said...

What a great time. Glad that you had a chance to get away and enjoy some summer fun.

Alisa said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I love that picture of the kids in the hot tub, too fun! I'm sure that Cameron is glad to have you back home, though!

Suzie-Q said...

Looks like you had so much fun. I was wondering you had gone it had been awhile since we have heard from you. I should have known you were just out having fun!
We love Island Park (we went there on our honeymoon) lots of great memories!

Head Over Hills said...

What a fun trip. I love that your husband checks your blog and makes comments. Adam never checks my blog. Glad you had a fun time.