Thursday, November 29, 2007

Turkey Day

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Utah. We headed down on Wednesday night after Cameron got off work. My job was to make pumpkin pies, six of them to be exact. Apparently that is my job every other year. We had lots of good food and ate until we couldn't eat any more. After we let our stomach digest some of our food we headed out to go bowling. Some of our cousins came with us and we had such a good time. The kids got their own lane with bumber guards and did a great job. I wish we had the guards too, it would have been alot easier to knock the pins down. On Friday we went to the Festival of Trees and saw some awesome trees. My dad's favorite was the Home Depot tree, and of course Braden found a cool Superhero tree. We also checked out a cool Ifly thing they have downtown, it is like skydiving, just a big fan blowing people in the air!!


Saturday was the big Holiday Parade with Santa. We bundled up the kids and had fun watching the parade. The highlight was to see Star Wars characters walking in the parade. We couldn't quite get the connection between them and Christmas but to Braden it was the best thing ever. Malia loved the Pina Colada sucker that she got, so I could enjoy the parade!!

After the parade the city plugs in their lights and the whole downtown was lit up. Christmas is officially here. Yipee!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Way cool!! Looks like you guys had some fun. Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas!!

Paulene Davis said...

I am glad that you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving and a wonderful beginning to Christmas. I,too,say yippee. Just a note: I collected my willow nativity a year at a time. Keep adding to yours and you will be there before you know it. It is so worth the effort.

Collette said...

sounds super fun. Tell Braden I am way jealous of his Storm Trooper picture. I can't resist a man in uniform. ;)

Linda Clark said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun. We missed you here, but couldn't begin to top what you did there. Looking forward to having you here for Christmas.

Suzie-Q said...

Wow! We went bowling too!
Caleb just loves it.
glad you had a great holiday!!